Solar Cat's Eyes
Solareye LED cat’s eye lights offer highly visible delineation along walking or cycling paths for general route marking and way-finding.
With their low profile, in-set design, Solareye cat’s eyes provide a steady or slow flashing, omni-directional light with 360° visibility. While fully sealed and constructed of high impact durable engineering grade polymer, Solareye is designed for use as a pathway light, not for general highway use.
Unlike smaller deck or dock lights, Solareye cat’s eyes can provide continuous night time light for up to 14 days without daylight.
- High impact durable engineering grade polycarbonate. 100% waterproof.
- Withstands wear and tear, extremes of temperatures, rain, ice and snow.
- Works for up to 14 days without daylight, steady or slow flash
- Light sensitive auto on/off
- Long life single LED providing 360° visibility - can be seen up to 1600’ away
- Standard white light or special colors to order
- Batteries last for up to 8 years
- Low profile - only ¼” nom. above pathway surface
- Textured surface offers skid resistance and increased light capture
Materials: Body: High impact durable engineering grade polymer
Sealing: Fully sealed unit-100% waterproof
IP Rating: IP68 (ingress protection)
Compression Testing: Ceases functioning at 57 ton
Light & Power: Light Source: LED (100,000hrs life)
LED Signal: Steady or slow flash
Flash Rate: 1 sec on, 1 sec off
On/Off Control: Automatic on/ off using light sensors
Work Time After Full Charge: Flashing 400hrs+, Steady 200hrs+
Standard LED Colors: White Steady, Bat Hat and Red Flash (Special colors to order)
Dimensions: Body Diam.: 3 1/8”
Installed Height: ¼” nom.
Installed Depth: 1 ¼”mm
Weight: Approx. 10 oz
Packing: Supplied in boxes of 20
Box Weight: 11lb
Cut a 3 ¼” diam. hole with rotary hammer miller/cutter to a depth of 1 ¼” then fix in place with a structural 2 component all weather adhesive.
Compacted Stone Pathways:
Can be installed in compacted stone or gravel pathways but since they could be easily removed, this is not advisable on public pathways.
Solareye is completely sealed - rated as IP68, so can be installed under water. The unit will still charge in several inches of water but may take longer than in direct sunlight.
Vertical Walls & Panels:
Can be installed vertically e.g. on fence panels, provided the units receive some direct sunlight.